This is an online course, which you can study for independently and at your own pace.
Strategic thinking is all about dealing with uncertainty, questioning the status quo and using a mixture of creative and analytical skills. This course shows learners why strategy is important and how to think strategically within their own organisation. Learners will discover some of the key strategic theories, learn how organisations develop and implement strategy, and try out the key tools used in strategy analysis and formulation.
Thinking Strategically will teach professionals and specialists how to contribute effectively to the strategic debate and process in their organisation.
FM professionals and FM specialists who are undertaking a strategic role.
Although it stands alone this e-course can also provide an ideal pre-course taster or supplement to Quadrilect's face-to-face courses. To find out more and view available public courses visit the Quadrilect Training website.
Strategy and you
- What is strategy?
- Why is strategy important?
- How is strategy different from planning?
- What is strategic thinking?
- Who needs to think strategically?
- How will thinking strategically improve my performance?
- When should I think strategically?
- Can thinking strategically be a bad thing?
- How is thinking strategically different to what I do the rest of the time?
- What skills do I need to be able to think strategically?
- What is creative thinking?
- How do I research and analyse information?
- How do I make decisions?
- How do I communicate strategy?
- How do I handle uncertainty and change?
- Where can I find inspiration?
Theory and process
- What is the right way to do strategy?
- What strategic theory should I be aware of?
- What processes do organisations typically go through to develop strategy?
- What processes do organisations typically go through to implement strategy?
- How do I keep up with new developments?
Tools and techniques
- Why should I use strategic tools?
- How do I create a SWOT analysis?
- What internal factors should I consider?
- What external factors should I consider?
- How do I plan for the future?
- How can I measure success?
- What other tools might I need to know about?
Making it happen
- How does theory work in practice?
- How do I fit into the strategic process?
- How can I contribute to my organisation's strategy?
- What makes a good strategy work?
- How do I monitor and evaluate what I've been doing?
- What other factors do I need to take into account?
- What do I do if I don't agree with the strategy?
- When should strategy change?
Each course includes a fact sheet that you can print off or download. The fact sheets summarise the key learning points from each module for you to refer to once you have completed your learning online.
||Professional body member price