This is an online course, which you can study for independently and at your own pace.
This course is ideal for FM professionals who are looking for an introduction or a refresher into to the basics of finance. Finance for Non-Financial Managers covers documents such as the profit statement, the balance sheet and cash flow analysis, and how they are linked. It also covers budgetary control, standard costing and discounted cash flow evaluations.
These topics are set against the place of an organisation within the economy, different kinds of accountancy, and the way financial objectives are arrived at, implemented and monitored. Background information and knowledge is combined with interactive activities and scenarios so that learning can be applied in the workplace.
Finance for Non-Financial Managers enables the learner to:
- Understand what the finance function does and how it can help in their role
- Deduce relevant information, and to recognise its limitations
- See how decisions impact on the business as a whole
- Prepare for greater responsibility.
This course is designed for professionals with no formal training but who are looking for an in-depth introduction to the subject.
Although it stands alone this e-course can also provide an ideal pre-course taster or supplement to Quadrilect's face-to-face courses. To find out more and view available public courses visit the Quadrilect Training website.
- Why is accountancy important?
- What kinds of accountancy are there?
- Who are the stakeholders?
- What is double entry book-keeping?
- What is good financial management?
The basics of control
- What are the kinds of net assets?
- What is the difference between capital expenditure and revenue?
- Is a cost direct or indirect?
- How do we appropriate profit?
- How do we create the balance sheet and cash flow statement?
- How does the flow of funds work?
- What are the levels of control?
- What are the elements of control?
- What are the key forecast relationships?
- How does costing work?
- What is standard marginal costing?
- How are management accounting systems structured?
- How do I control the budget?
- How do I control assets?
- How important is discounted cash flow?
Each course includes a fact sheet that you can print off or download. The fact sheets summarise the key learning points from each module for you to refer to once you have completed your learning online.
||Professional body member price