This is an online course, which you can study for independently and at your own pace.
Coaching plays a central role in the development of a successful working relationship between a Facilities Manager and their team. As such, it is a fundamental part of any manager's skill set. Now updated to include dealing with the root cause of problems, the latest theories on motivational techniques and how to give effective feedback, this course uses specific examples to help the learner understand what motivates their team members and looks at how the way in which they give feedback can affect motivation and performance.
Coaching Skills enables learners to
- Understand the importance of coaching in the context of their role as manager
- Apply effective coaching methods that will benefit both them and their team
- Understand what motivates them and those around them
- Choose the right motivational techniques for different individuals and situations
- Use feedback effectively to help individuals realise their potential
- Get positive results from both motivational and corrective feedback
- Plan and run successful group feedback sessions
This course is designed to appeal to people at all levels, whether they manage others or wish to develop management skills as part of their personal and professional development.
Those who are new to management or are preparing to take on a management role will find that this course provides a solid basic knowledge of coaching on which to build their experience.
More experienced or senior managers will value the opportunity to spend time refreshing or developing their coaching skills.
Although it stands alone this e-course can also provide an ideal pre-course taster or supplement to Quadrilect's face-to-face courses. To find out more and view available public courses visit the Quadrilect Training website.
Coaching in context
- What is coaching?
- Why is coaching important?
- What makes a good coach?
- Should I adapt my coaching style for each person?
- What is motivation?
- What are the main theories of motivation?
- What motivates people?
- How can being an effective motivator help me?
- What is the purpose of individual feedback?
- What basic rules should I follow?
- How do I ensure my feedback is effective?
- How often should I give feedback?
- How should I structure a formal feedback session?
- What are the root causes of performance problems?
- What basic rules are there for group sessions?
- How do I ensure the key messages are communicated?
- How should I structure group sessions?
- How do I get feedback from my team?
Each course includes a fact sheet that you can print off or download. The fact sheets summarise the key learning points from each module for you to refer to once you have completed your learning online.
||Professional body member price