This is an online course, which you can study for independently and at your own pace. You can revisit the package as many times as you like during your 90-day license period.
Facilities Management is an exciting growth area which offers a wide range of career opportunities. This course provides a very practical and accessible introduction to the key operational aspects of FM, including:
- Knowing your building / the role of the FM
- Support Services
- FM projects
- Health and Safety / Sustainability.
Each module guides you through the main learning points, with a range of activities and easy links to extra, downloadable information through the Resource Centre. You can also test your knowledge through the interactive quizzes and see how your answers compare with other recent responses. On completion you will receive a personalized certificate to keep as part of your CPD record.
Also an ideal pre-course taster or supplement to the face-to-face foundation programme Understanding FM
Getting Started in FM enables you to:
- Appreciate the contribution FMs can make to their organisations
- Gain an understanding of how buildings work
- Understand what is involved in managing services
- Plan and carry out basic project activities related to FM
- Recognise the importance of maintaining a health, safe and sustainable working environment.
The course is ideal for anyone new to Facilities Management or taking on additional responsibilities at an operational level. Although it stands alone, Getting Started in FM can also provide an ideal pre-course taster or supplement to Quadrilect's face-to-face courses.
Knowing your building / the role of the FM
- The role of the facilities manager
- The scope and breadth of the FM profession
- The importance of FM and its value to organisations
- Key elements of building structure and design
- The impact of physical building characteristics on facilities management
- The implications for maintenance of different building characteristics
- Key aspects of building engineering services
- Key elements of Property Management and leases
- The principles of commissioning and managing contract services
- How to approach tendering and letting contracts
- How to deliver a customer centric FM service
- How to measure customer requirements and satisfaction levels
- Fundamental principles of effective project management
- The importance of space management
- How to gather relevant information for effective space planning
- Essentials of re-location / move management
Health and safety / Sustainability
- The importance of managing workplace risk in the FM context
- The key Health & Safety responsibilities for FM's
- The role of the FM in promoting and managing energy use and sustainability.
Each course includes a fact sheet that you can print off or download. The fact sheets summarise the key learning points from each module for you to refer to once you have completed your learning online.
||Professional body member price