This is an online course, which you can study for independently and at your own pace. You can revisit the package as many times as you like during your 90-day license period.
Following good Health and Safety practice is a vital part of working life, and whether you're approaching this from an individual point of view or as a manager with wider responsibilities this course will provide an invaluable introduction.
Exploring four essential areas, Getting started in Health and Safety will help you to appreciate:
- Our responsibilities
- Day to day H & S practices
- Emergency procedures, and
- H & S reporting and prevention.
Each module guides you through the main learning points, with a range of activities and easy links to extra, downloadable information through the Resource Centre. You can also test your knowledge through the interactive quizzes and see how your answers compare with other recent responses. On completion you will receive a personalized certificate to keep as part of your CPD record.
Getting Started in Health and Safety enables you to:
- Understand what health and safety is and your own responsibilities so you can be safe in the workplace
- Ensure that you and other colleagues know what the law says and are compliant with the company's health and safety policy
- Minimise any risks to your health by understanding regulations relating to display screen equipment, technology, signposting and manual health issues
- Know the emergency procedures and policies for fire so you can evacuate safely
- Understand reporting and prevention strategies to minimise the chance of an emergency arising.
This course is designed to appeal to staff at all levels. Managers and staff members who have specific responsibilities will be able to focus on those areas in particular. Although it stands alone, Getting Started in H & S can also provide an ideal pre-course taster or supplement to Quadrilect's face-to-face courses.
- What is health and safety?
- What does the law say about health and safety?
- What is our health and safety policy?
- Whose responsibility is our health and safety policy?
- What are the benefits of good health and safety compliance?
Day to day health and safety
- How do we manage health and safety on a daily basis?
- What are the display screen regulations?
- Are there safety rules for using equipment and machinery?
- What needs to be signposted at work?
- What is manual handling?
- What is occupational health?
- How does health and safety affect home workers?
- What are the working time regulations?
- What are the safety issues I should consider when travelling out of the office?
- What emergency procedures do we have at work?
- What happens when someone needs first aid?
- What is our emergency evacuation procedure?
- What if I need to report an emergency?
Reporting and prevention
- Who assesses the risks in our workplace?
- How can I help prevent accidents and incidents at work?
- What should I do if I identify a health and safety risk?
- What happens once a health and safety risk is identified?
- What if I think my health is at risk because of my working conditions?
- What can I do to prevent stress at work?
Each course includes a fact sheet that you can print off or download. The fact sheets summarise the key learning points from each module for you to refer to once you have completed your learning online.
||Professional body member price
|The 'Getting Started' Series
Quadrilect's 'Getting Started' courses offer an exciting online introduction to the FM industry through its FM specific range of e-learning modules. Each 4-hour package can be studied for independently and at the learner's own pace. Package customisation is also available for companies who need to tailor the courses and, if required, develop additional content including formal assessments for learners to suit their specific needs.